NEW TO SALT LOUNGE
Welcome to the Salt Lounge, a place where breathing deep is the priority and everything else can wait!
Relax,unwind and breathe in all the benefits of our therapeutic medical grade salt that is floating in the air. Your lungs and skin will be thanking you after your first session at Salt Lounge. That’s right… not only is salt therapy (also known as Halotherapy) amazing for cleaning & detoxing your lungs, it’s also very beneficial for the skin! Our rooms are designed with pure Himalayan Salt decor from floor to ceiling with a beautiful amber glow that creates a calming and tranquil environment. Allow your body to receive the nurturing and relaxing that it needs to carry out your everyday functions.
Kids of all ages can benefit from Salt therapy as well. That’s why we made a room just for the kids (and their parents), designed with them in mind, its highly engaging and therapeutic at the same time.
HOW IT WORKS
Salt has been used as a healing aid for thousands of years. How many of you still gargle salt water for a sore throat or treat yourself to an epsom salt bath? Salt is naturally antibacterial, anti-fungal, anti-inflammatory, and antimicrobial, and is necessary for the body. It has been known to assist the body with proper hydration, hormone balancing, and digestion to name a few.
Salt therapy (Halotherapy) can be used for a wide variety of ailments and conditions, such as asthma, allergies, inflammation, various skin conditions and even the common cold. The treatment begins when a machine called the halogenerator that begins to grind up the salt into tiny particles that are then blown into the air. Good for people of all ages, it offers a unique, natural therapy that allows you to get a sense of peace and serenity.
These particles help to clear all pollens, viruses, pollutants and toxins of the lungs and nasal passageways by pulling water into the airways, thinning out mucus and reducing inflammation in the process , which in essence works to treat and prevent illness. Our largest organ, the skin, can also benefit from salt therapy! Smaller salt particles are absorbed beneath the skin that help pull moisture towards the top layer making our skin look healthier and accelerates cell rejuvenation. While the larger particles land on the skin and absorb impurities like bacteria and foreign substances that help the skin heal and detox accordingly.
WHAT TO EXPECT
Come prepared to relax and get comfortable!
- Wear comfy loose clothing, preferably light colored clothes since salt shows up well on darker colors.
- Sessions are 45 minutes and begin on the hour, every hour unless the space has been booked for a private session. Walk ins are welcome!
- No shoes permitted in the Salt Lounge, socks or bare feet please!
- Blankets and heated neck wraps are available to you if needed. The rooms are set at a comfortable temperature of 69 degrees.
- Hydrate your body before and after treatment with quality filtered water.
- Come 10 minutes early to your session, we will not interrupt a Salt session after it has begun.
- No electronics permitted in the Salt Lounge. Take this time to do a digital detox as well. Depending on the session, light music will be played or you will be taken through a guided meditation.
- Earbuds may be necessary… if you are easily disrupted by someone snoring please bring a pair of earbuds. It doesn’t happen all the time, but it’s so relaxing in the lounge that people do often fall asleep during the session.
- Parents must accompany their children in the kids Salt Lounge at all times. Kids Salt Lounge allows cell phone usage!
- No food or drinks allowed in the Salt Lounge
- During the Salt session some coughing is normal along with a runny nose. Let the salt do its job to get the toxins and mucus out of the lungs.